Dozens of female students injured in Iran school dorm
Fri. 14 Apr 2006
Tehran, Iran, Apr. 14 – Dozens of female university
students from the central city of Isfahan were injured
after their university dorm caught fire, the dean
of Isfahan University said.
The incident which did not claim any lives occurred
Thursday night at about 22.00 after the schools electricity
grid caught fire due to an overload.
None of the girls were burned, Mohammad-Hossein Ramasht
told the state-run news agency Fars on Friday.
Altogether 78 girls were taken to hospital, mostly
due to breathing in too much smoke and some due to
injuries after coming in contact with glass.
Eight of the students still remain in hospital.