Mar 24, 2006
A Monroe cheese storage facility goes up
Early Friday afternoon, five fire departments and more
than 60 firefighters responded to the warehouse fire in
Fire officials say they are confident they have determined
the cause of the blaze at the facility used by the Roth
"We believe that some contractor's equipment had been
left in that area and a heat lamp that was being used had
overheated and started the insulation in the cooler on fire,"
explains Monroe Fire Chief Daryl Rausch.
The warehouse was in use at the time, but was undergoing
renovations to add cooler space.